Monday, February 28, 2011

Refuge found in San Lorenzo


Drama comes and goes in a person's life and one way to make it go away fast is to go away for sometime and leave things behind.

I went away for the weekend and found myself a refuge on a hill of Guimaras Island. It was San Lorenzo, a small town that welcomed me and my friends for the night. We've got our bags filled with what we might need for the night - a simple shelter in a form of a tent, some food, some drinks, and a free mind to be able to enjoy the weekend.

There we are under the only mango tree on that hill. We trusted it to protect us from anything though it is not that big but it is the only strong tree that cannot be rooted up by the strong wind coming from the Guimaras Strait.

Sunset was great though we never saw the sun but it radiated beautiful colors on the horizon.


Red



Slanted Horizon



Strength

The afternoon was spent just talking about whatever. Making fun of each other but not in a mean way (just sometimes). Talking about issues that matters and sometimes doesn't.

The evening was just lovely. Sea breeze that traveled quite a lot to reach us, crickets singing, occasional mooing of the cows, laughter and laughing ("latting" as my German friend would say), and the sound of clinking glasses as we toast for life.

Oh yes, what I wrote was also dramatic BUT that is how I remember the weekend to be.

Now I am back and full of life... and sunburned!

No comments:

Post a Comment