Monday, March 7, 2011

Bacolod - Beyond the Smiles... Desserts and Snacks and all that is SWEET

Where to get that sugar-fix in the land of sugar? Easy, here's my source of the good stuff:

  • Calea is on top of my list. They've got the best cheesecake I've ever tasted. I will for sure bet my taste bud on this. My faves are: White-Chocolate Cheesecake, Oreo Cheesecake, Blueberry Cheesecake, and Fruity Cheesecake. There are also other cakes like Moist Chocolate Cake and pies like Pecan Pie. You can get a piece of these heavenly cakes at Lourdes-C Building, 14th Lacson St. (the building that is somehow connected to L' Fisher) and also at the East Block.
  • Quan is one of the first native food shop I know of (in Bacolod). Name might sound Chinese but yes, they serve native Filipino snacks and dishes. They've got Cuchinta, Puto, Choco Crinkles (not native), Ube Pudding, and lots more. Dinuguan, Palabok, Pangat can also be ordered here. The biggest shop they got is along B.S. Aquino Drive (near La Salle). There is also one along La Salle Avenue and in Lopue's East Center.
  • L'Treats is a stall in Lopue's East Center where I usually get my Chocolate Brownies. I am not sure if it is related to the "L'" Family (L' Fisher, L'Sea) but maybe. They do have one of the best brownies for a very good price. The stall is near the main entrance for the grocery.
  • Roli's is my number one choice for Napoleones. If you have not tried it, you are missing something. There is Roli's in Lopue's East and maybe another along La Salle Avenue.
  • Margie's Pasalubong Center offers different biscuits, cookies, pastries... yum! I always fall for their Mango Tart and Spritz Cookies. It is on the corners of Lopez-Jaena and Burgos Streets near the Bacolod Public Cemetery and West Negros University.
  • And for all that native stuff craving, nothing really beats the original - you can find lots of these native food in the local markets. I go for Libertad Market... and you got to be there early in the morning to get them.

2 comments:

  1. love the entire article...cant wait to try them....or better yet bring some to me and baby.. :)nicely done article...so informative...makes me crave for sweets.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been away from bacolod for 7 years and this stuff you wrote is really very helpful and at the same time quite interesting(^-^)I can't wait to visit these places you've been and I was hoping to know about very nice new restaurants in Bacolod, too.

    ReplyDelete