Monday, March 18, 2013

Filipino Time

One of my pet peeves is being late.  I grew up disciplined to be always on time or even being there before the agreed time.  And I do expect others to be punctual as well.  When I was in grade school, I would be so ashamed and start crying when I know I am going to be late.

Today, I was just wondering if there are other people in the world that are also known for being always late (in addition to the Spanish people - apologies to the Spanish).  And it's difficult to google it.

I found, however, an article explaining the Real Filipino Time.  And I agree with the author!!!

It is just difficult, I guess, to be exempted from this negative stereotype when travel guides and other magazines are branding Filipinos to be always late --- and having some Filipinos that are proud of this.  Oh well, I don't want to get into a long discussion on this - just read the article.

The next time I'm late, and I am not making an excuse but, maybe I got reasons... or maybe THE REASON IS NOT ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment