Sunday, June 1, 2014

Palawan Countdown


I will be officially done with my work in Metro Manila and will start with the new program by the 1st of July!!!

I am really happy about this change and opportunity to explore another part of the country, live there for some years and be a local once again.

There are however some things that I would miss living in Makati City like:

  • Beni's Falafel - surely the best falafel I had in the Philippines and it is just a few steps away from my place
  • Friendly people in my area - I will definitely find friendly people in Palawan but I will definitely miss the people from the laundromat, guards in A. Venue Mall, the nice people of MNL Hostel, the baristas in Socialicious Tea and CBTL, the jeepney "barker" every morning to work
  • Culture and the arts - Metro Manila is one of the very few places one can see theater plays, ballets, musicals, and the like
  • Bravo Best Foods - a very affordable, cozy, and highly accessible micro-brewery to my place
  • Weekend Markets - I will miss Salcedo and Legaspi weekend markets
What I won't miss would be:
  • The crazy traffic
  • The air and noise pollution
  • The swarm of people in malls and just about everywhere
It was good two years BUT it is really time to move on! And I will be back from time to time, for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment