Friday, October 24, 2014

Fernweh forever!

Fernweh (n) wanderlust, a desire to travel, a longing for far-off places

Sitting here in my office and thinking about those places I want to go back to and places I want to discover.  I constantly check Skyscanner for flights. Mentally planning a trip.  

I miss the smell of trains, the feeling of being in a a place for the first time, the touch of breeze from a different sea, and the thought of being a stranger!  Ah... that is LIFE!

But I have to sit here in my office, stay on this island, and work.  Not that I am complaining. It's just that there are things that I would wish to do again in this lifetime that I can't (at the moment).

I want to be 21 again! I want to just run to the next bus station with my backpack and head off to whichever place the bus is going.  Those happy-go-lucky times!  Those crazy-amazing experiences!

Some day, I will be back on the road and discover myself once again!

No comments:

Post a Comment